Your Pathway to an Engineering Degree at the University of Technology, Sydney
UIC College is your pathway to an Engineering degree at Australia's No. 1 young university!*
Delivering pathways to UTS that:
- offer a guaranteed place in 2nd year^,
- are taught at four convenient Jakarta locations,
- use curriculum designed by UTS Insearch in partnership with UTS to ensure you get the best possible start you can,
- start in July and October and
- allows you to fast track to second year UTS
UIC College in Jakarta is the smart way to start your UTS Engineering degree!
UTS Pathway Fee Credit
Students who complete the Insearch Diploma and articulate to UTS will be eligible for a Pathway Fee Credit equivalent to $2500 per semester for each standard semester** that they are enrolled at UTS.
Start in July or October 2018.
- SMU 3 with minimum 70% average for academic subjects.
- Subjects studied must include Mathematics AND Physics and/or Chemistry with a minimum mark of 70% in each
- Students must also have an IELTS 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing or, have completed UTS Insearch AE4 with a pass grade
- Successful completion of the UIC Foundation Program with 55% or above
Students must be at least 16 years of age before commencing their diploma with UIC
What you get
- An 8 month pathway to 2nd year of an Engineering degree at Australia's No. 1 young university
- The ability to study the equivalent of the first year of an Australian degree in Jakarta
- The ability to prepare for study overseas so that you make the most of your investment when you arrive in Australia
Start your career in Engineering
Engineering is one of the most sought-after skills in the Asia Pacific region, with plenty of jobs available, and a shortage of engineers in several locations including Indonesia – which requires an estimated 30,000 engineers annually*.
Please contact our dedicated team for further advice.
Meet Aryabimo Harfiandi - Entertainment and media portfolio manager at Axiata
Aryabimo graduated from UTS with a Bachelor of Science and Information Technology. Bimo manages the entertainment and media portfolio for Jakarta-based XL Axiata, a subsidiary of Malaysia’s Axiata group, one of Asia’s largest telecommunications conglomerates.
Partnership with UTS Insearch
UIC College is the exclusive provider of the Pathway to the University of Technology Sydney – Engineering program in Indonesia and delivers these programs in collaboration with UTS Insearch the Sydney-based pathway college established by UTS.
engineer your future at uts
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is widely regarded as the leader in practice-based engineering education in Australia.
Learning the theory is important, but the real value lies in knowing how to apply it. UTS: Engineering focuses on practical and career-relevant education, and gives students the option to complete two 6-month internships as part of their degree. This means UTS: Engineering students graduate with work-ready skills that are valued by employers worldwide. Plus, the UTS Bachelor of Engineering degree is internationally recognised by countries including the UK, USA, China and Canada.
Indonesian students can begin their studies at UIC College in Jakarta, completing an 8-month Pathway to UTS - Engineering program and go directly to the second year of a corresponding engineering degree at UTS*.
*Subject to a successful completion of a Pathway to UTS Program with no more than two subject fails. Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents should refer to our website for articulation requirements.
*No 1 in Australia for Universities under 50 in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings, 2017 and QS World University Rankings Top 50 under 50 2018.
^Based on successful completion of your diploma with no more than two subject fails and, meeting the criteria to enrol as an international student at UTS.
**Standard semester is full time enrolment (18 – 24 cp)