Why study first year of Engineering with UIC College in Jakarta?
- is taught exclusively in English,
- provides small class sizes,
- is monitored by our partner UTS:INSEARCH to ensure the same level of outcomes as achieved at UTS:INSEARCH in Sydney
- allows you time to prepare for study at an Australian university
- offers guaranteed entry into second year at UTS*
What you get
- An 8 month pathway to 2nd year of an Engineering degree at a leading Australian University
- The ability to study the equivalent of the first year of an Australian degree in Jakarta
- The ability to prepare for study overseas so that you make the most of your investment when you arrive in Australia
4 Scholarships available - valued at AUD5,000 each awarded by our Australian partner UTS:INSEARCH.
Start your career in Engineering
Engineering is one of the most sought-after skills in the Asia Pacific region, with plenty of jobs available, and a shortage of engineers in several locations including Indonesia – which requires an estimated 30,000 engineers annually*.
Please contact our dedicated team for further advice.
Start in July 2017.
- SMU 3 with minimum 70% average for academic subjects.
- Subjects studied must include Mathematics AND Physics and/or Chemistry with a minimum mark of 70% in each
- Students must also have an IELTS 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing or, have completed UTS:INSEARCH AE4 with a pass grade
- Successful completion of the UIC Foundation Program with 55% or above
Partnership with UTS:INSEARCH
UIC College is the exclusive provider of the Pathway to the University of Technology Sydney – Engineering program in Indonesia and delivers these programs in collaboration with UTS:INSEARCH, the Sydney-based pathway college established by UTS.
engineer your future at uts
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is widely regarded as the leader in practice-based engineering education in Australia.
Learning the theory is important, but the real value lies in knowing how to apply it. UTS: Engineering focuses on practical and career-relevant education, and gives students the option to complete two 6-month internships as part of their degree. This means UTS: Engineering students graduate with work-ready skills that are valued by employers worldwide. Plus, the UTS Bachelor of Engineering degree is internationally recognised by countries including the UK, USA, China and Canada.
Indonesian students can begin their studies at UIC College in Jakarta, completing an 8-month Pathway to UTS - Engineering program and go directly to the second year of a corresponding engineering degree at UTS*.
*Subject to a successful completion of a Pathway to UTS Program with no more than two subject fails. Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents should refer to our website for articulation requirements.